On selecting a SlumberCorp® bed as your sleep solution, rest assured that you have chosen the very best sleep product available in WA and NT. SlumberCorp®’s products are proudly Australian Made & Owned. Many customers find that when they change to sleeping on a new bed, that it may take up to 30 nights to adjust to the new level of support provided.
Please refer to the “How to Care” label attached to the head of your mattress or the “Product Guarantee” leaflet for your guarantee period.
This guarantee is approved by the Department of Commerce under its consumer protection rules. Please refer to the conditions and care instructions in the inside pages for further information.
PLEASE REGISTER YOUR PRODUCT IN OUR WEBSITE UNDER “PRODUCT REGISTRATION” TO AVAIL THE GUARANTEE.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO RECOGNIZE THAT IT CAN TAKE UP TO 30 NIGHTS FOR YOUR BODY TO ADJUST TO THE COMFORT AND SUPPORT OF YOUR NEW BED.
SlumberCorp®is proud to offer a Guarantee of 5, 10 and 15 years on its products.
- FAIR WEAR & TEAR: The period stated by this guarantee covers Faulty Workmanship and Materials. It is no way intended to imply a lifespan expectancy of the product. Comfort and Support layers in a mattress will vary in wear depending on the manner in which the mattress and base are used and also the type of mattress purchased.
- During the guarantee period, SlumberCorp® will repair or replace at SlumberCorp®’s option any component that on inspection is found to be faulty.
- Transportation during the first 12 months is the responsibility of the manufacturer and is also fully covered by this guarantee. However, after that period, the responsibility for transportation will be borne by the purchaser.
- Under consumer laws, the consumer is entitled to a replacement mattress for a major issue that cannot be repaired. All components of a mattress are replaceable or repairable, thus all issues are considered minor.
CONDITIONS OF GUARANTEE
- This structural Guarantee is only available to the original purchaser and cannot be passed on to another consumer. A mattress protector should be used at all times to protect the mattress from being soiled. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that the mattress is kept in a sanitary condition.
- SlumberCorp® reserves the right to refuse service when the product is found on inspection to be in an unsanitary condition: in the event of a product being in an unsanitary condition then fumigation will be required at the consumer’s expense. Unsanitary condition refers to any stains, spillages or soiled areas on the mattress. This may include but not limited to sweat, bodily fluids, urine, faeces, mould, and blood. Unsanitary condition also refers to mattresses with odours.
- SlumberCorp® reserves the right to substitute material of equal quality on the particular items being repaired or replaced if identical material is not available at the time of repair or replacement.
- When the SlumberCorp® mattress is used on a padded and covered SlumberCorp® wooden slatted divan, then the mattress is fully covered by guarantee. We recommend you use a specifically designed matching SlumberCorp® base.
- Failure by the purchaser to notify the manufacturer of a defect within one month of its discovery will void the guarantee.
- Micro quilting stitching coming undone is inherent in this industry. It will not affect the performance of the bed and as such in not covered by the guarantee.
- When a SlumberCorp® mattress is used on a slatted base, the base should have centre supports, if the base does not, then it will sag in time, which in turn will cause the mattress to sag. This mattress sag will not be covered by this guarantee.
- When a mattress or base has been damaged in transit it is essential that the packaging is kept by the consumer, failure to do so will void the claim.
- If the mattress is used directly on a slatted divan or the slats are greater than 150mm (6”) apart, then damage may occur to the mattress and will not be covered by this guarantee.
- Solid Base Tops: When a mattress is installed over a solid base top which will not allow aeration the guarantee will be void.
- Service of this mattress/set will take approximately 48-72 hours, during that time it is the consumer’s responsibility to find alternative sleeping arrangements.
- Legs/Castors or Glides must be kept tight. Damage caused by not keeping these tight is not covered by guarantee.
- Sitting on your mattress/bed. Do not sit on your mattress/bed. Your mattress/bed is built specifically for sleeping, if you use it as a chair then you may get side collapse and/or severe depressions and considerable wear on the pads/fillings on the edge of the mattress/bed. This extra wear and tear will not be covered by this guarantee.
- Service within the guarantee period to this mattress/ensemble can only be completed by an authorized SlumberCorp® agent. If a consumer authorizes service by another manufacturer then this will void this guarantee.
- Posturized mattresses are not guaranteed to correct any existing back complaints and will not stop future back problems occurring.
- Sleeping alone on your new double, queen or king size? All new beds obviously have new pads, these pads settle as the body weight is applied to them, it is important that if you are a sole sleeper then you must vary your sleeping position on a nightly rotation during the first 3 months, or you will get uneven wear, we show below distinctive diagrams.
- Turning Your Double Sided Mattress:
The mattress should be turned on a monthly basis. This will enhance the lifespan and the comfort of your mattress. Failure to turn your mattress on a monthly basis will detract from the comfort and lifespan of your bed and will void your guarantee. It is recommended that turning or flipping your mattress should be carried out by two people and not dragged. The mattress should be lifted with both hands from underneath the mattress and not by holding tape edges or handles.
- Turning Your Single Sided Mattress:
Your mattress should be rotated head to foot only on a monthly basis. This will enhance the lifespan and the comfort of your mattress. Failure to turn your mattress on a monthly basis will detract from the comfort and lifespan of your bed and will void your guarantee. It is recommended that turning your mattress should be carried out by two people and not dragged. The mattress should be lifted with both hands from underneath the mattress and not by holding tape edges or handles.
- Mattress Protector:
We recommend that you always use a mattress protector, however, if it gets soiled, then apply perchloroethylene or white spirits to remove the spill, allow the mattress to dry in the shade and not in direct heat or sunlight.
WEAR AND TEAR THAT HAPPENS TO MATTRESSES THAT ARE
OFTEN MISTAKEN AS FAULTS (BUT ARE NOT FAULTS)
From our experience, 95% of all reported faults are in fact not faults but general wear and tear. In these circumstances, a SERVICE CHARGE INVOICE will be issued to the consumer and is expected to be paid on the spot. To reduce or even avoid the cost of a service charge you may bring the mattress to our factory, where it will be inspected free of charge. Please remember that a mattress will not be serviced if there are stains on it or it is not in a hygienic state. A service at the factory may take up to 2 or 3 days to be completed, please take this into consideration before the mattress is returned. (By appointment only).
- Very Important:
A mattress with any stains or soil cannot be serviced unless a Certificate of Fumigation is supplied at the time of service.
- Bellying of Borders:
When a mattress is compressed by the sleeper, the pads underneath the sleeper compact. This often releases the tension on the side of the mattress (the border) and it may belly inwards. This is not a fault but just part of the wear and tear process.
- Body Impressions:
Body impressions are something that will occur in every mattress and will start from your first night. Even wear of a mattress will help minimize body impressions and should be made a priority, this includes using the middle of the mattress as much as possible. Body impressions will vary in size according to the body weight of the sleeper(s) and the content of the mattress. Body impressions are not a fault but just part of the wear and tear process.
- Warmer Mattresses:
Warmth in mattresses is not caused by the materials used, but it is the reflection of the sleepers body heat that creates the extra warmth, we recommend that any consumer experiencing excess body heat should review their over-blankets as it is these that will create the containment of the body heat.
- Choice of Mattress:
Some consumers may purchase a mattress that does not suit them, it may be too soft or too hard. Some of these consumers will then blame the retailer or manufacturer for their choice. Ultimately a choice of mattress is left with the consumer and not the retailer; this is not a fault with the mattress.
- Middle of the Mattress “Rises”:
Often consumers will see what they believe to be a “rise” (bulge) in the middle of the bed. This is not a fault but rather it is where the consumers do not use that area of the mattress as much as the other areas, consequently giving the effect of a “rise” – even wear across the mattress is recommended.
- Rolling into the Middle of the Mattress:
Body impressions play a significant part of consumers rolling into the middle of the mattress; this is normally caused by the two sleepers lying towards the centre of the bed which in turn pushes the people to the middle of the bed. This is not a fault – even wear across the mattress is recommended.
- Rolling towards the Side of the Mattress:
Body impressions play a significant part of consumers rolling towards the side of the mattress; this is normally caused by the sleepers laying towards the side of the bed which in turn creates a roll towards the side of the mattress – This is not a fault – even wear across the mattress is recommended.
- General Wear & Tear:
It is normal for most mattresses to wear from its first night of use, similar to a car or any other product that does a high amount of work, it is considered normal for mattresses to become softer as time progresses. Whilst a guarantee is offered, this guarantee is against faulty workmanship or faulty materials.
- Pillow Tops:
A pillow top is built to give the sleeper an extra layer of gentle comfort. Because it is not under construction pressure it will stretch and mould to the body’s shape. It is not unusual to see deeper body impressions in pillow tops. This is not a fault.
Mattresses are the same as any other new piece of upholstered products. Your new mattress odour is normal and will dissipate as time progresses.
Where handles are sewn into the mattress, they are to be used purely as balancing agents and should never be used to lift the mattress. These are not covered by guarantee.
This guarantee is in addition to and not a substitute for any State or Federal Acts that may be in operation.
“Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian consumer law, you are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired if a minor failure occurs”.
*THANK YOU FOR YOUR PURCHASE*